Version 2024.02-01 | Revision 6867
*Complete change log
Version 2023.08-01 | Revision 6321
Complete change log
Edge Connect 2023.08-01 Release notes
- Support for GPS devices with new `gps` eventType. Includes support for GPS devices connected through GPSd or serial/usb port.
- New ability to advertise packets on the Cascade Gateway using new `bleAdvertiser` filter.
- New template function `RecipeVar` to dynamically fetch the value of any recipe variable
- New `Device.MAC` function for function MAC of current device
- All wirepas events now include the `dataBytes` field that includes the event data in a byte
- New `combine` filter for combining multiple async events
- New `codec2` filter for decoding PowerFleet LV-760 sensor
- `decode` filter now allows self-referencing prior keys created by the same decode filter
- `httpFetch` filter now supports retries with new `attempts` and `retryDelay` configuration options
- `emitEvent` filter now includes device identity with it in the emitted event
- `emitEvent` filter supports new `if` property for conditionally emitting
- MQTT connector now supports templating of `host`, `port`, `scheme`, and `base`
- Events from MQTT device subscriptions now include the `deviceId` in the event
- Remove Google Cloud IoT Core support as it has shut down
- EC-1058: potential panic in site device manager shutdown
- EC-1060: events with undetectable device type were getting processed by some device filtered pipelines
- EC-1067: device LRU was dropping active devices when device cache got too large
- EC-1068: fix potential panic with empty stats
- fix recipe overriding global metadata using variable
Version 2023.03-01 | Revision 5958
- Wirepas OTAP and configuration improvements
- Allow for translation of cloud provided deviceIds
- Misc Bluetooth improvements
Complete change log
Rigado 2023.03-01 release notes
EC-985: Update BLE lib to set Suggested Max TX Length - less packets will be fragmented during transfer
EC-989: ble - improve notification handling, add configurable notification timing/buffer sizes
EC-1000: Add Bluetooth support for Ubuntu Core 20
EC-994: Expand Wirepas OTAP filter options - Update Wirepas OTAP to support supplying sequence number, action, and action param as required
EC-1010: Allow recipes to specify a version of Wirepas and validate it is being used by the main config, use the wirepas connector from inside a recipe
EC-1028: Update Azure library and dependencies
EC-1033: allow for translating cloud provided deviceId to a 'deviceId' field in event map
EC-991: Fix panic in Wirepas OTAP Filter
EC-1026: improve logging of byte arrays
EC-1030: fwupdate - fix initialization error
EC-1046: decode - allow self referenced fields
ED-995: remove unused batteryLevel concept from device groups
EC-1027: templates - return int64 instead of int when converting string to int
Version 2022.10-1 | Revision 5638
Edge Connect 2022.10-01
Support for activeScanning bluetooth option in recipes.
Support for keystore usage in MQTT credentials
New `cloudStatus` event emitted when clouds are connected.
`hash` filter can now perform an using secrets provided by the keystore
Wirepas devices now automatically use their `srcAddr` as their `deviceID`
New `keystore` events when a keystone item is updated or deleted.
DeviceTypes can now be marked as `ephemeral`, which prevents Edge Connect from storing in-memory information about them.
EC-668: fix for legacy serial and timestamp inject not tolerating template funcs.
EC-871: Extend adv decode error suppression to BGAPI
EC-949: bgapi - error handling, flush rx buffers, fix panic, stateful scanning.
EC-958: bgapi - enable debug logging only when log.bleDebug:true.
EC-967: misc logging bug fixes and ability to log to a file
EC-978: bluetooth scanning can get stuck due to non-fatal errors
EC-981: fix deviceAssignment events not firing for SDM provisioned devices
EC-986: fix for device group includeList breaking deviceType detection
Version 2022.08-01 | Revision 5458
Allow Root CAs to be loaded from configuration and added as additional CAs for Cloud Connectors
Added support for Wirepas v5.2
Added support for Wirepas network on Cisco Access Point containers
Better handling for invalid or missing recipes
Improved retry logic when downloading recipes
Memory usage optimizations in logging and templating
Improvements to Site Device Manager behavior under certain conditions
Changed output type for Device Report filter to better integrate with other filters
Fixed possible Bluetooth scanning lockup
Fixed an issue with clearing persistent metadata
Fixed BLE restart when no advertisements are detected for 10 minutes
Reverted change that deletes device metadata when devices are removed from a device group
Version 2022.06-01 | Revision 5309
Filters & Devices:
* New filter to support Wirepas OTAP
* Add filter for processing Onset Hobo MX1105 advertising payloads
* Add discrete stats for BLE Advertisements and each distinct EventType
* Update CA in Azure Connectors to allow for Azure’s CA Migration
* Auth w/ x509 to Azure IOTHub
* EC-901 / When the network is unstable during startup, retry connecting to Edge Direct
before fetching Recipes or using Site Device Manager.
* EC-900 - Change scanner automatic healing/restart to only use stats for BLE
Version 2022.05-02 | Revision 5270
* Version information is now included in the docker manifest
* Show log timestamps when running in a container
* Matchers now have access to the event object in template functions
* EC-862: adjust mqtt relay recipe connect timeout to handle slower startup, especially
* EC-866: fix mixed declarations in mapbuilder keypairs - fixes conflicts between dot
key or nested map notation when injecting values
* EC-882: only start mdns when we are in a snap environment
* EC-886: hotfix - teardown api when restart scheduled
* EC-887: fix duplicate hci in cascade radio metrics
Version 2022.03-01 | Revision 5184
New Feature - Site Device Manager
* New device group type `managed` that will use Edge Direct to automatically provision
devices across gateways in a site.
* This helps remove the need for manually provision, with devices being assigned to
the best choice gateway.
* Devices are rebalanced on a configurable interval (default 24hr).
* No more duplicate devices both trying to connect and publish to the same cloud!
* Improvements to establishing connections
* Better connection logging
* Add template functions for MAC 48 to EUID 64 and back
* ChunkBytes for splitting up byte arrays
* Byte array payloads get logged as hex for readability, optional truncation of byte
* EC-868: Fix issue where startup failed if MQTT relay to Edge
Direct is not available
* EC-859/EC-858 : Fix startup issues with wirepas
* EC-849: Misc startup issues
Version 2022.01-01 | Revision 4978
* Edge Connect now supports Wirepas v4 and v5 on cascade devices with both sinks
Device Reporting to Edge Direct:
* This is now a first class feature and doesn’t require importing a recipe. Enable
devices.monitoring.enabled = true to turn it on. Requires your organization in Edge
Direct to have this feature enabled.
* New keystore mechanism for storing and deriving secrets.
* `httpFetch` filter now considers all 2xx responses successful by default.
* `http` connector now considers all 2xx responses successful by default.
* Multiple versions of a recipe can be requested, the containing config file can choose
the appropriate version to use.
* Number of recipes is now included in metrics.
* New `RawInput` template function for getting the raw bytes of event payloads.
* New `CastNumberToSize` for byte-sizing numbers properly
* Restart / reattempt if an error occurs with hci0 on cascade.
* Basic monitoring and configuration of CA-55 remote antennas
* EC-799: Fix possible panic in MDNS processing.
* EC-800: fix runner panic
* EC-804: set snap health to OK after programming custom firmware
* EC-816: only check hci0 exists instead of requiring it be up
* EC-820: pipelines with multiple device groups were only matching against the first one
in the list
* EC-824: fix event processing priority handling
* EC-826: Fix aggregate and throttle filter metrics not appearing.
* EC-828: remove root namespaced cloud connector restriction for mqttble
* Gateway metrics are now available embedded in Edge Connect metrics (requires
For Software Release notes from 2021 and earlier, click here.
Updated 3 days ago