The Edge Direct Devices Menu allows you to have visibility into all managed Devices available with health and configuration insights.
Most Devices are automatically onboarded, assigned and managed by Edge Connect depending on the Recipes being used.
Devices List View
The Devices list view provides a quick high-level view of all Devices currently under management across all Sites.
Individual devices will periodically report status information, including:
- Stability metrics such as uptime and last reported time
- Device type, such as RS40, S1, C7 etc.
- Assigned Gateway that the Device is reporting to
- Site this Device is a reporting to
- Device signal strength to current Assigned Gateway
All Devices report a health status that gives you a quick view of the overall reporting health of a device. Device status is determined by Edge Direct as an aggregate of all Gateways reporting that Device. An individual health status is determined by the Device Group and Recipe configuration managing the Device, which provides the flexibility to create actionable status alerts for different types of Devices and use cases.
Device status types:
Active: The Device is in good health an actively reporting
Warning: The Device has a non-critical issue that may impact performance or needs addressed, but is still actively reporting.
Error: The Device is not actively reporting through any Gateway and needs attention to be brought back online.
- Unassigned:The Device is reporting to nearby Gateways but is not currently assigned or managed.
Device List Filter
To help easily navigate to your desired Devices, there are multiple options for searching and filtering down results.
Filtering Devices is done by clicking the Filter Icon in the top right. This will allow you to filter by three criteria:
- Device Status: Returns the current status of the device. Available status options are Active, Warning, Error, and Unassigned.
- Uptime: Tracks how long that specific device has remained in an Active state.
- Last Seen (UTC) Reports the last time the currently assigned Gateway(s) reported this Device being present. Gateways report Device health up every 10 minutes for all devices, so any number up to 10 minutes should be considered 'actively reporting'. This is not a live measure of the last time a Device advertisement/connection has been received by the Gateway.
- First Seen (UTC) Reports the date and time the Device was first reported by any Gateway. This field will reset if the Device is no longer being seen by any gateway after a preset timeout determined by the Edge Connect Recipes, at which time the Device Status will go into Error state.
- Reporting: Indicates if the Gateway is currently connected to the Internet.
- RSSI: Is the BLE signal strength of the device to the gateway. Signal strength is a good indication of how reliable the connection between the Gateway and Device will be. For connectivity to a Cascade 500 Gateway the following signal strength ranges can be used for considering signal quality.
|Signal Quality||RSSI Upper Threshold||RSSI Lower Threshold|
- Last Reported: Reports the last time each Gateway reported this Device as being present. Gateways report Device health up every 10 minutes for all devices, so any number up to 10 minutes should be considered 'actively reporting'. This is not a live measure of the last time a Device advertisement/connection has been received by the Gateway.
- Assigned: Indicates if a Gateway is actively reporting the Devices sensor data to the configured cloud/network endpoint. Any Gateway that has assigned as "No" will not connect, collect, or report Device sensor data. Device assignment is determined by the Edge Connect Recipe Device Group the Device is part of. For more details on Assignment see Managed Device Groups
Updated 1 day ago